Ten Most Commonly Asked Questions (with Answers) on Coolsculpting
As I have provided consultations to many patients who came in for Coolsculpting, I thought it would be a good idea to put together a list of most commonly asked questions regarding Coolsculpting, with my answers, for the interested readers.
1. “I am going to my friend’s wedding in 2 weeks. How long does Coolsculpting take to work?” It takes 3 months to show result, although as early as 2 weeks one might see some small changes. So now it’s a good time to jumpstart with Coolsculpting before holiday gets here.
2. “Is Coolsculpting an one-time treatment, or does it need to be repeated?” Coolsculpting most likely needs to be repeated to perfect result. As it consistently remove about 20 percent of treated fat cells, I have many clients who repeated their Coolsculpting treatments to get more results.
3. “Will Coolsculpting work for me? ” Coolsculpting won’t work if fat layer is too thick. Coolsculpting is not a treatment for everyone. As appealing as it may sound, some patients won’t see changes unless they repeat the treatment several times in the same area. Alternately, Smartlipo would be a better treatment option for them.
4. ” I want to lose 10 – 15 lbs. Will I achieve that with Coolsculpting? ” Coolsculpting won’t change your weight. Coolsculpting won’t be able to reduce visceral fat. Only diet and exercise will affect your weight.
5. “How does Coolsculptong work? Why do I need to treat multiple areas? Can I save money by treating less areas? ” Coolsculpting only reduces the number of fat cells in the areas where you receive the treatment. Untreated areas will remain the same. Therefore it’s important to overlap your treatment areas to achieve the best body slimming results.
6. “Can Coolsculpting be done on my arms?” Coolsculpting can be safely done on the arms, even though this area hasn’t been cleared by FDA. I have been successful with Arm Coolsculpting with no complications or adverse effects.
7. “Smartlipo vs. Coolsculpting, which one is better for me?” Coolsculpting can achieve result as good as liposuction on rare occasions; but most of the time Smartlipo produces more body contour changes.
8. “Will I get loose skin, after all the fat is gone?” Coolsculpting won’t give you loose skin.
9. “Is the result permanent?” Coolsculpting results are long lasting. Coolsculpting results will change if you gain weight.
10. “Are you going to be the one who will do my Coolsculpting treatment for me?” Coolsculpting can produce undesirable effect if it is not done properly. It’s important to check the credential of the practice. It can make a huge difference on the results if you choose a practice that is certified to do Coolsculpting. If the practice offers both Coolsculpting and liposuction, then you know the treatment recommendation from this practice is not based upon what is available there, but is truly tailored to your needs as a patient.
About the author: Dr Sheena Kong is specialized in Smartlipo laser liposuction in addition to Coolsculpting treatments. Coolsculpting experience provided by a physician who has a specialty in laser liposuction is unique in San Francisco. This is possibly considered as the highest level of care when it comes to Coolsculpting. Dr Kong is located at 490 Post Street, suite 1150. Phone number: 415.673.7600.