Since the FDA first approved it in 2002, BOTOX has become the “Coca-Cola” of neuromodulators. While it is still the most popular injectable using the botulinum toxin, there is a new wrinkle-relaxer on the market called Jeuveau. Many are calling Jeuveau “Newtox,” and it has been gaining an excellent reputation as a competitor to BOTOX. In San Francisco, Dr. Sheena Kong offers Jeuveau injections at her private, luxury clinic.
What is Jeuveau?
Jeuveau is the newest neuromodulator available today. As we age, our faces inevitably change. Motions such as frowning, laughing, and concentrating can cause what we call “dynamic wrinkles.” These wrinkles can be relaxed and smoothed with neuromodulator injectables such as Jeuveau that work with tiny doses of specially formulated botulinum toxin.
Non-surgical treatments that smooth away wrinkles and signs of aging in the face are the number one anti-aging treatment. Deep lines and furrows can leave you looking older than you are, not to mention leaving you looking tired, angry, or sad. With Jeuveau treatments, it is possible to relax the muscles responsible for lines and creases, creating a natural, refreshed facial appearance, and taking years off of your appearance.
What is the cost of a Jeuveau treatment?
The cost of Jeuveau injections is based on the number of facial areas treated. The average price of treatment is in the range of $400 to $650. The price reflects the number of units of Jeuveau injected.
What are the benefits of Jeuveau?
Benefits of Jeauveau include the following:
- Created using a proprietary purification process created by Evolus (makers of Jeuveau)
- Specifically approved by the FDA to treat aesthetic concerns such as facial lines and wrinkles
- Results appear more rapidly than with BOTOX
- May be more effective than BOTOX for those who see the results of BOTOX diminishing
Why Choose Dr. Sheena Kong?
- When choosing to undergo a non-surgical anti-aging treatment such as Jeuveau, your injector, and where you choose to have your procedure done is of utmost importance. Dr. Sheena Kong is a board-certified internal medicine physician with an extensive background in cosmetic injectables such as BOTOX, Jeuveau, Restylane, Voluma, and Bellafill.
- Dr. Kong is highly trained and certified in the administration of neuromodulators, such as BOTOX and Jeuveau. You can feel comfortable knowing that you are in safe, highly skilled hands.
- All cosmetic treatments are delivered by Dr. Kong or under her direct supervision by medical professionals that have met rigorous standards. Through her direction, exact and precise delivery, she is known for producing remarkably natural results.
What is the difference between BOTOX and Jeuveau?
While BOTOX is still considered the gold standard in treating dynamic wrinkles, Jeauveau is certainly giving it a run for its money. Jeuveau is created from the same neurotoxin as BOTOX but with several differences. Jeuveau and BOTOX differ in the following ways:
- Jeuveau was developed with a proprietary purifying technology that was not available when BOTOX was developed
- Jeuveau is approved by the FDA solely to treat facial wrinkles
- It performs better than BOTOX on some patients
- It works faster than BOTOX (most see results within 2-3 days)
How long does Jeuveau last?
According to recent studies, Jeuveau was proven to last several months, and many patients were still satisfied with their results at the five-month mark. Your results may last anywhere between three to six months.
Will my face look natural?
The results of your treatments with Jeuveau are a direct reflection of the skills and meticulous techniques of your injector. A skilled and highly trained injector, she is exceptionally knowledgeable in facial anatomy. Dr. Kong uses a minimal amount of product, focusing on the specific muscles responsible for wrinkles. When Jeuveau injections are performed with this level of precision, the results will look natural. You will look like a rejuvenated version of yourself, not someone else.
Are there any risks or side effects?
Jeuveau is non-invasive, so it carries no downtime. Immediately after your treatment, you may experience mild swelling, redness, and bruising which will dissipate over the next several days.
How long until I see results?
Many of our patients see results as quickly as two to three days, while some will not see full results until seven to ten days after their treatment. Your results will be at maximum benefit within ten days of your treatment. Speak with Dr. Kong about your maintenance program so that you can continue to maintain the benefits you see from your initial treatment and prevent further wrinkles from occurring.
Can I receive Jeuveau if I have had BOTOX in the past?
It is 100 percent safe to receive Jeuveau injections even if you have had BOTOX in the past. BOTOX and Jeuveau are very similar, and it does not create any problems to use them in tandem.